Nowadays, the use of smart TVs and smartphones is increasing daily. Because all the streaming apps visible on the smartphone are visible on the smart TV. The name of YouTube apps comes first for entertainment. and for this, you can also take premium service. You can install YouTube from the Play Store or Apple Store. You can install YouTube for free.
In Smart TV, we mostly use YouTube apps to watch shows, movies, or videos for entertainment. But many times, you have to face YouTube TV’s Black Screen. Audio is heard on the TV screen, but no visual is visible as the screen is completely black. The YouTube TV black screen problem occurs with all models of Smart TVs.
- Try These Fixes to Fix YouTube TV Black Screen Problems
- Restart the YouTube TV App
- Check Internet Connection
- Check Youtube Servers
- Clear Youtube TV’s Cache
- How to Update YouTube App?
- Update System in YouTube TV App
- YouTube TV Black Screen with Sound
- YouTube TV Black Screen Samsung
- Factory Reset YouTube TV
- How to Factory Reset Android TV?
- How to Factory Reset on Fire TV?
- Factory Reset on Roku
- Frequently Asked Questions
Try These Fixes to Fix YouTube TV Black Screen Problems
Whenever we are watching any interesting program live on TV through YouTube apps, and suddenly, the video starts buffering. This happens because of the slow speed of the internet. Sometimes a black screen also appears on the TV. This is a frustrating problem. In this article, we have given several ways to solve the YouTube TV black screen problem.
Suggested Read: YouTube Not Working on Samsung TV? | Here’s the Fix!
Restart the YouTube TV App
By the way, the screen problem of most smart TVs can be solved by restarting. The black screen problem on YouTube is temporary. Restarting a TV is an easy process. Below are some points to troubleshoot the YouTube TV screen. You should use them.
- First of all, turn on the TV.
- Then go to settings with the remote.
- Select the Apps icon in Settings.
- After this, you must go to the app browser and select the YouTube TV app.
- After that, choose the option of Force Stop.
- Update or reinstall the YouTube app.
You can see if the YouTube black screen problem is fixed or not. Restarting the YouTube app removes unwanted errors, and the app seems to work fine.
Check Internet Connection
If you want to enjoy entertainment from YouTube apps on Smart TV, then you need a good and speedy network connection on your TV. There is a YouTube channel; then the internet speed should be fast. If the internet speed is slow, then buffering may be faced. After some time, there is a problem with the Black Screen on YouTube TV.
To check the internet speed
- First, open the browser app on the device.
- Open speedtest.net (Online Speed Test).
- Then click on Go. This will start the internet speed test.
A stable internet connection is essential to prevent all problems from occurring on the YouTube TV app.
If the internet speed is slow, it must be checked that the internet problem is not due to the router
- Switch off your Smart TV.
- Then unplug the router from the power board.
- Wait for some time.
- After that, plug in the router and turn it on.
- Turn on the TV.
- Then the TV has to be connected to the internet.
Do this for a stable Wi-Fi internet connection
- When you use the YouTube TV app, disconnect other connected devices from WiFi, then it will give maximum internet speed to the YouTube app.
- Keep in mind that the distance between the device and the router is minimal. Doing so provides a stronger Wi-Fi signal.
- If you have a dual-band router. That’s why it stays connected to the 5Ghz band instead of 2.4.
Suggested Read: How to Connect Alexa to Wi-Fi? | Step-by-Step Guide
Check Youtube Servers
If you are ever watching a show on a YouTube app on TV and suddenly it goes offline. This happens only when the server is down. You need to visit the down detector website to see if the server is down or not. If information like an outage comes, then you should wait for some time. It is very important to have a level of internet speed to run YouTube.
Clear Youtube TV’s Cache
The YouTube app turns on the TV for entertainment, and the streaming service is slow. So it might be due to an unwanted cache. To clear the unwanted cache from the TV, you need to reset or restart the TV. To troubleshoot YouTube TV app problems, you need to clear the cache and data.
Clear the Cache of the YouTube TV App
- Go to Settings on the TV.
- In Settings, choose Apps.
- Then select the YouTube TV app from the list of all apps.
- Then open Storage from the App Info screen.
- Select the icon “Clear Cache.”
In this way, you can clear the YouTube TV app cache. After deleting the cache and unwanted data, all the problems are gone, and it starts working properly.
Suggested Read: Straight Talk Data Not Working? | Here’s What to Do!
How to Update YouTube App?
Sometimes the problem of the screen on TV can also be due to the old YouTube app. For this, you need to update YouTube to the latest one from the Google Play Store and then check to see if the problem is resolved or not.
Follow these steps to update the YouTube app
- Firstly turn on the TV and open the Google Play Store app.
- Then at the top, select the Profile icon.
- After that, you need to select “Applications” and “Manage Device”.+
- Apps showing updates have to be “updated.”
After updating the YouTube app to the new one, it must be checked whether the black screen problem is resolved or not. If the problem persists even after updating YouTube, then you must try uninstalling and reinstalling the YouTube app once, and then the problem of the black screen will be fixed.
Uninstall the YouTube app
- Go to your TV’s Settings.
- In Settings, choose Apps.
- Choose the YouTube TV app from the list of all apps.
- Then select the “Force Stop” icon.
- Select the menu that appears with three dots.
- Then choose Uninstall Updates.
Suggested Read: Firestick Remote Blinking Orange | Easy Fix Which Works
Update System in YouTube TV App
The YouTube app must be up to date, as well as ensure that the device’s operating system is up to date. Then, check YouTube TV to see if a new system update is available and if so, update it.
Below are some points to update the system for Android smart devices
- First, check that the Smart TV is connected to Wi-Fi.
- After that, go to the Android TV Settings.
- Select the device.
- Then tap OK to update.
- You then install the update on the TV.
If the system is updated, then it is important to see if the screen problem of YouTube is solved or not. If the problem persists, then you will have to factory reset the TV once. Factory reset solves a lot of problems.
YouTube TV Black Screen with Sound
Many times it happens that YouTube TV has a black screen as well as a sound problem. Sometimes the sound is heard, but the picture is not visible. You have to check the volume key of the TV. Otherwise, you can check the sound image next to the video playing on YouTube to see if it is muted. If so, then the mute should be removed.
YouTube TV Black Screen Samsung
Sometimes YouTube TV black screen problems also occur on Samsung TVs. You will need to boot up the TV to fix this. If the YouTube app is not updated, it must be updated. Many times when you update the new software on Samsung TV, you have to update the YouTube app as well. You can also do a reset process on TV. This will solve the YouTube black screen issue on your Samsung TV.
Suggested Read: Samsung TV Black Screen of Death | Solutions That Work
Factory Reset YouTube TV
If all the above attempts to solve the YouTube TV black screen issue fail, you must try to factory reset the TV once. A factory reset clears all unwanted errors and data. At the same time, you are out of all the apps. So make sure you log in to the apps again after the reset.
How to Factory Reset Android TV?
- Go to Android TV Settings.
- After that, select Device Preference.
- Then select reset.
- Now the factory data reset option visible on the TV has to be selected.
- Choose the option to wipe everything after the factory data reset.
- After that, click on Enter pin.
- Tap ok.
How to Factory Reset on Fire TV?
- Press and hold the back and right-side navigation buttons for a few seconds.
- Then tap Continue or Cancel Factory Reset on Fire TV.
Factory Reset on Roku
- Go to Roku TV Settings.
- Then you have to choose the system from the settings.
- You have to select Advanced System Settings.
- After that, you have to tap on Factory Reset.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Is My YouTube TV Screen, Just Black?
Anyone can get frustrated whenever they see a black screen on YouTube. The main reason for this could be when the video you played failed to load, or the problem could be with your internet provider.
How Do I Reset YouTube TV on My TV?
Under the TV category, select Apps. Select YouTube. Select Clear Data and then OK. Select Clear cache and then OK.
Why Is YouTube TV Not Loading on My TV?
First, delete your YouTube app and then reinstall it to get the latest app. If you are already using an advanced app, you might have corrupted local data that prevents it from working properly. In such cases deleting this app from your device and re-downloading it can eliminate this problem.
Why Is YouTube TV Not Working?
Open a new tab on your computer and access only YouTube TV (and no other websites). If you are using YouTube TV on mobile, then you have to close this application and start it again. On Android, swipe up from the bottom of the main screen, find yt tv, and long press on the app icon.
Like this post? Could you share it with your friends?
Suggested Read –
- YouTube Search Not Working?
- Panasonic TV Red Light Blinking
- How to Reset Philips TV Without Remote?
- Is Insignia a Good Brand? | An Honest Review
- How to Setup Samsung TV to WIFI Without Remote?
All YouTube TV screen stuck problems can be solved in this way. To run the YouTube app, it is most important that you have internet and a smart device. It is necessary to update the YouTube app after receiving the notification.