Losing an AirPod could be a big issue and is a huge pain, though finding an AirPod is not a big deal; when it is dead or offline, it is almost an impossible task to complete as there is not a single idea to find.
You know how frustrating it can be to try and find them. In the following blog, let us discuss the ways to find out the lost AirPods when they are offline or dead. The main reason for losing the AirPods each time is that they are tiny, and if you have forgotten to charge them, then it is not possible to trace them easily.
The most common question asked about them is how to find out dead AirPods. Here are some tips for tracking AirPods, whether they are charged or not, even if they are in the case or not inside it. When an AirPod is offline or not even in the range of Bluetooth, there are still ways to find them; let’s see some ways to find them.
- Using the “Find My” App, To Locate The AirPods:
- Most Commonly Asked Questions:
Using the “Find My” App, To Locate The AirPods:
The “Find My” app is a useful application used to find your Apple devices, such as AirPods, AirTags, or Apple Watch. When they are charged, and if not charged, they would show the last used location of the AirPods.
Even if the app does not show the exact location of the AirPods when not charged or not in their case, it is most helpful when the Pods are charged, and you can use the recent location or use the ‘Play sound’ feature.
If “Find Me” is not enabled or activated at all from the device or mobile, then it is least possible to recover your AirPods, and your best bet would be to buy a new one, or the other thing to do is Retrace your steps.
When lost, the first steps to take are,
- If They’re Still In Bluetooth Range.
- If They’re Not in Bluetooth Range.
- Retracing Your Steps.
1. If They’re Still In Bluetooth Range: If your AirPods are offline and are near the phone when turning off, such as in your home. Then Find My app will give you the last location of the Pods.
Unless you have a troublesome family, the AirPod should not be displaced from its last place, and again try the app to find the Airpods if used by someone else in the home.
2. If They’re Not in Bluetooth Range: If you know that your AirPods are
- Dead Airpods.
- Further than 150 feet away from you.
Finding them is more difficult because the Find My app won’t have the best data available to show the recent location. Though AirPods are further if they die relatively closer to your phone, the app provides semi-pertinent data to work with.
3. Retracing Your Steps: Even if none of the above steps don’t come into any clutch, then the last step would be retracing your usage of AirPods.
Take a moment and think about the AirPods, when and where you used or saw them last time, and search for them in their most common places such as bedrooms, office rooms, in your vehicles if you have one, and many more such places.
Try to re-live the moments and sequences where you used and took them, and try searching for them repeatedly. You should repeat this several times. Many of the experiences suggest that they are found in clothes or under furniture sets, so check every possible location where they can be found.
Suggested Read: How To Dry iPhone Charging Port | 6 Way to Fix
When Can You Use the “Find My” App?
The AirPods can only be tracked using the “Find My” app if they are not found in their case and are not offline or dead or not run out of battery. The authentication of the connection from AirPods is checked by using Bluetooth and is required to use the “Find My” network. If AirPods are dead, then there is no connectivity using Bluetooth and, therefore, no way to find it.
How to Keep Airpods in the Trace?
The “Find My” app has a feature called ‘Left Behind’ that alerts and notifies you if any of the Pods are missing or are far away from your device.
To use the ‘Left Behind’ feature:
- Open the application and tap on the devices option.
- Select the option “Notify When Left Behind.”
- Turn the switch on to the green position shown.
Now, if you have left behind the Pods without your knowledge, then this feature will simply notify you. Obviously, this feature would not work when the battery is out. So always try to keep them charged up, so even though you misplace them, there will be no consequences.
Suggested Read: Why Do My AirPods Keep Cutting Out? | Here’s How to Fix It
How to Use “Find My” When Airpods Are Offline?
In any case, if the Pods are not found in their case and are dead, the “Find My” app can still be helpful if you have activated the app. The app can be helpful as it can still show the last location of the AirPods.
Here are the steps to be followed:
- Open the “Find My” app and click on the ‘Devices’ option.
- Select your Airpods name suggested or the name you have saved.
- The app will show the last location of the AirPods.
- There is a map to be followed.
How to Find Airpods in the House?
In the following case, the Pods should be on or have been charged.
The steps to be followed are:
- Open the “Find My” app.
- Open the ‘Devices’ tab.
- Select your AirPods.
- Click on ‘Play Sound’; this will work if Pods are in the Bluetooth range.
- Select which of the earpiece is lost, such as left, right, or both.
- Once you find them, press ‘Stop’ to pause the sound.
Suggested Read: Why Are My AirPods So Quiet? | A Troubleshooting Guide
How to Find Your Airpod Case Only?
In any case, where the Airpod case is lost, you may need some luck. Tracking the case is much simpler when it consists of the AirPods, but not to worry, as there is another way; the following are listed below.
The steps to be followed to trace your AirPods case are as follows,
- Open the “Find My” app.
- From the listed devices, select your AirPods.
- Check if a green light is blinking near your AirPods.
- If showing, the case is nearby.
- If it is showing grey light, then, unfortunately, it is far or dead.
Though, sorry to say, the case is forever lost. Not to worry, as you can get a new one easily.
Turning On Lost Mode for your AirPods:
When the ‘Lost Mode is turned on for the AirPods, you can notify whoever finds it with your phone number or email address.
Here are the steps to set up the Lost Mode:
1. Open the ”Find My” app.
2. Find the ‘Devices’ option and choose your AirPods.
3. Scroll to ‘Lost’ and select Activate.
4. There will be easy steps to follow and options to contact your information for your missing AirPods.
Suggested Read: How to Charge Airpods Without Case | The Definitive Guide
How To Never Lose Your AirPods Again:
After all the above-given data, you can still not find your Pods, so the last option would be to buy a new one. If you have bought new AirPods, then the best thing to do is to make them more secure, try to be more cautious, and try never to lose them.
Here are some ways to keep them from getting lost,
1. Buy an AirTag: AirTag works in the same manner as the “Find My” works. They also establish a connection between AirPod and your device, which helps us to find and locate the AirPods. The question would be how different it is from the “Find My” app; here are its features,
- The battery life of an AirTag is about a year; You’ll have to charge it once every 24 hours, and it warns us when it is about to ooze. After a year, you don’t need to throw it away, but you can just replace its battery. The battery can be easily replaced with a Lithium coin battery.
- The AirTag can function around the global network of Apple devices to provide the data for location, no matter where you are on earth.
- If it is the range of Bluetooth, then your AirPods can be easily found.
2. Make Sure to Set Up “Find Me”: One of the first and best ways to find your AirPods. Suppose you do not travel miles away and travel in specific areas. As it provides the last location of the Pods if in range of the phones and can be easily set up and an effective way.
Most Commonly Asked Questions:
Can you find a lost AirPod with a dead battery?
You can only track your AirPods when they are out of the case and the battery is not fully charged. Apple improved its AirPods tracking capabilities with the AirPods 3. However, a dead battery renders such improvements useless.
What if I lost 1 AirPod?
If your AirPods or its charging case are accidentally damaged, you can replace the damaged item for an out-of-warranty fee. If you lose AirPods or your charging case, we can replace your lost item for a fee.
How much is a single AirPod?
|AppleCare+ fee (each incident)
|Wireless Charging Case
|MagSafe Charging Case
Like this post? You May Also Enjoy Reading:
- Onn TV Problems | The Definitive Guide
- YouTube Not Working on Samsung TV?
- Samsung TV Turns on by Itself? | Here’s the Fix
- How to Connect Vizio TV to Wifi Without Remote
- Do Vizio Tvs Have Bluetooth? | A Comprehensive Guide
Searching for Airpods that are dead or offline ain’t an easy task. Of course, there are ways to find them, such as the Find My app, which will assist you in the best possible way, but you will need to dig deep into your memory. It is a good way, but the best would be to use an AirTag, which would provide you with the best possibility and sometimes its exact location.