I am a student, and I have been out for a long time for the purpose of my studies. There are a lot of rooms in the place where I live, and since there are so many students, we all got together and took a DirecTV package for each of our rooms. However, since we have taken this package, we decided to have one remote instead of keeping each one separate. However, thanks to the compatibility of DirecTV with every remote of the system, we have no problem.
However, some time ago, our remote stopped working. When you rely on a universal thing like a remote, when you use it a lot in everyday life, anything like this can quickly make your entertainment experience dull.
All of us student friends get together every Sunday to watch a movie, but last Sunday, while watching a movie, our remote suddenly stopped working. Then we all thought about the remote and why the remote stopped working. So we started researching how to fix a bad remote, and we will share with you what we found here in today’s article.
- How to Reset The Receiver And Your Remote?
- Most Commonly Asked Questions:
How to Reset The Receiver And Your Remote?
First, we will learn how to reset the receiver. Press the red button on the receiver and wait for it to turn off and on again and check if this solves your problem.
To reset your DirecTV remote, you need to take the following steps:
- You do not have to press both the MUTE and SELECT buttons simultaneously for this.
- Wait until the green light above the switch flashes twice.
- Now press the number 981 button on your remote. Now the green light on the remote should flash four times.
- Now you have to press LIST, GUIDE, or MENU to check if it is remote.
You can also use the menu on the TV to set the remote. This way, you have to take the following steps to set up the remote:
- Press the menu button on your remote and select the setting and help option.
- Next, select the Settings option and click on the Remote option.
- Here you will see the remote reset option.
- Select it when highlighted and check if the remote is working properly.
Suggested Read: Sanyo TV Remote Not Working? | Here’s How to Fix It
Clean The Remote:
Often we carry the remote with us when we eat, and we change the channel when we eat. Due to this, even using it with our oily hands, his butt gets jammed. The entire remote can also be affected if only one button of remote is jammed.
You can use a linen-based cloth to clean the remote. To do this, you first need to remove the battery from the remote and hold down the power button with it for at least 30 seconds. If your DirecTV remote has power and on buttons, press these two buttons together.
After doing this, press each button on the remote several times in different ways to make sure that no button on the remote is stuck. Now insert the battery of the remote and see that the light of the remote continues to flash; repeat this process.
If, after all these attempts, the remote does not get any improvement. So there may be a hardware problem with the remote. You can contact DirecTV to replace the remote.
DIRECTV Remote Not Connecting:
Sometimes we are saddened by the work of the remote, and we understand the real culprit, but in reality, it is not so. Check the power supply of the DirecTV receiver before you make any decision regarding the remote.
Turn on your smart TV and turn on the power button on the receiver. If the receiver does not turn on, unplug the wire connecting the receiver to the power source. Wait a moment and plug in the cord again.
Now you will need to repair the remote as well as the receiver. On your remote, hold both the mute and enter buttons until ‘Apply IR / RF setup’ appears on the screen. The DIRECTV remote and receiver are now repaired.
DIRECTV Remote Not Adjusting Volume:
The remote and the device are connected to each other by means of a specific code and have their own separate code for the device. Such a remote will not work if the remote is unable to communicate with another device.
If you are unable to communicate with DirecTV remote tv on, it will not be able to change the channel or increase or decrease the volume. You can check that your DirecTV remote is in the correct audio setting mode. Check the cable connection between the DirecTV receiver and the tv.
Check that your DirecTV remote is programmed for the receiver. Now press the menu button on the remote. Select ‘Parental, Favs, and Setup.’ Go to the Remote section and select ‘Program Remote.’ Now follow the on-screen instructions to program your DirecTV remote on the tv.
Suggested Read: Firestick Remote Blinking Orange | Easy Fix Which Works
Remove Any Newly Installed Devices:
Any remote relies on a signal to communicate with its own device. If any remote works before installing a new device, the signal can compete to communicate with the remote. To fix this problem, you need to remove the new device and check if there is any change in your problem.
Lock Volume Settings:
If your DirecTV is set up with a remote receiver, but you are still having volume-related problems. So locking the volume mode will help you with this problem.
To lock volume mode, you need to take the following steps:
- First, you slide the mode switch to the volume position you want.
- Now press the select and mute buttons together till the green light flashes twice.
- Now enter the three-digit code 9-9-3.
- Now, wait until the green light flashes at least twice.
- Press the Select key. The light will flash green again; this time, the audio settings for signaling are now locked.
DIRECTV Remote Not Responding:
After resetting the DirecTV receiver, your remote will now connect to the tv properly and work properly. If the remote doesn’t work consistently, here are two suggestions on how to do remote work.
If your remote does not respond, check that your remote’s batteries are working properly. If the battery does not work properly, replace it with a new one. Remove any dirt affecting the connection from the remote. Gently clean the battery terminals with Q-tip and rubbing alcohol.
Check Battery Health:
Nowadays, you have a great facility to check the battery of the DirecTV remote. All you need to do is hold down a single button on the remote and check the green light on the top of the remote. If this green light is on, it means that the batteries of the remote are completely charged. Understand that the battery has enough power if it is flashing, but it is slowly weakening now. If the green light doesn’t flash, insert the new battery into the remote without having to worry.
DIRECTV Remote Keeps Freezing:
When watching a very long movie or show and in its final stage, if the picture or TV screen gets stuck, the main reason for this may be due to the receiver overheating.
The receiver generates heat in the middle of the box. If you place the receiver box in a place where there is less air circulation, then the setup box will get hotter and hotter. This can result in your picture sticking out. Even the remote will not work until your receiver cools down.
DirecTV updates from time to time. In such an update, your DirecTV remote will not work even in the condition that any update is left by you. Disconnect the receiver from its main power source and leave it unplugged for at least 1 minute. This will force any update, reconnect the receiver to its power source and repair the remote.
Most Commonly Asked Questions:
What do you do if your DIRECTV remote doesn’t work?
Receiver and remote control reset
If any of the buttons on your remote do not respond to you, you can try resetting the receiver and remote. Most have a red button on the DirecTV receiver, next to the receiver, or inside the access card door. Press and hold this red button until your receiver starts.
How do I reset my DIRECTV remote control?
To reset the DirecTV remote to its factory settings, hold down the MUTE and SELECT buttons until the remote’s light flashes three times. Then enter 981 and press select. The remote will flash four times to let you know that it has been reset.
How do I reconnect my DIRECTV remote to my TV?
Make sure your remote is paired with your receiver:
- Point the remote at your Genie, Genie Mini, or Wireless Genie Mini.
- Press and hold MUTE and ENTER on your remote at the same time.
- The screen shows the applicable IR/RF setup. The Remote is synced.
How do I program my DIRECTV remote to my TV?
Manual code entry:
- Press and hold “MUTE” and “SELECT” simultaneously until the green light flashes twice.
- Enter a 5-digit code for your brand. After entering the first digit, wait for 1 to 2 seconds until the green light flashes; now, enter the code of the remaining four digits.
- Aim for the remote on your device and press “VOL +/-” or “MUTE.” If your device does not respond, try the next code for your brand until you find the correct code.
Like this post? You May Also Enjoy Reading:
Suggested Read –
- YouTube Search Not Working?
- Panasonic TV Red Light Blinking
- How to Reset Philips TV Without Remote?
- Is Insignia a Good Brand? | An Honest Review
- How to Setup Samsung TV to WIFI Without Remote?