Hulu is a streaming app used for entertainment. But you may often face the problem of the Hulu app crashing. Hulu Keeps Crashing There are several reasons that can lead to this problem, including poor internet connection speed, a bug in the app, or issues with the Hulu servers.
Hulu is a very famous internet streaming service app that is best known for watching movies and TV shows on the ABC network. It also has its own content called original programming. To use the Hulu app, it is necessary to download and install the Hulu app on an Android, Apple device, or Smart TV.
The Hulu app is free to download, although using the service requires subscribing to a plan. To fix the Hulu keeps crashing issue and you face multiple problems while using the Hulu app, we have outlined several troubleshooting steps in this article that will help you out.
Suggested Read: Hulu Audio Out of Sync? | Here’s How to Fix It
- Hulu Keeps Crashing:
- Hulu Crashes or Goes to Home Screen:
- Most Commonly Asked Questions:
Hulu Keeps Crashing:
Hulu Crashes or Goes to Home Screen:
Crashing is one of the problems that occur while using the Hulu app. This can be on an Android, Smart TV, Fire Stick, or Apple device. If a crashing problem occurs then you can see any show black screen on TV.
How to fix Hulu’s networking problem-
Hulu may crash because of a software issue in the Hulu app. Restarting Hulu can solve this problem as it removes any unwanted data and bugs that are causing the crashing problem. The only way to completely restart Hulu is to power off the device you’re using Hulu on.
Leave it for a while and then restart the device by plugging it into the power board and launching the Hulu app. Have to check whether the Hulu crashing issue is fixed or not. If the issue persists, go to the next method.
Power Cycle the Streaming Device:
One solution to Hulu crashing problems is to run a power cycle on the device. The power cycling process will refresh the device’s operating system and the Hulu app.
To cycle the streaming device-
- First, the router requires to be unplugged from the power board.
- Now the TV or streaming device will also need to be unplugged from the power panel.
- Then wait a periodic minute, and plug the router in until it reboots completely.
- The TV and streaming devices also need to be plugged into the power board for it to start.
- When the TV or streaming device reboots completely, the TV needs to connect to WiFi.
- Then you need to launch the Hulu app and see if it is working properly and if Hulu is not bringing you to the home screen issue.
Suggested Read: Hulu Not Working on Vizio Smart TV? | Try These Fixes!
Check Hulu Server Outage:
Server outage is one of the reasons why you cannot access Hulu or have crashing issues. This is not a typical occurrence, but it can happen and you may not be able to use the Service when it happens. In addition to using websites to check if Hulu’s servers are down, you can use DownDetector. If that solves the problem then good and if Hulu keeps on crashing then the next method would be to try this.
Check Internet Connection & Speed:
Often the reason for the crashing of the Hulu app can be a poor internet connection. You need 3 Mbps internet speed to stream Hulu content properly and 8 Mbps for live streaming. If 4k HDR Hulu content is to be used, then it requires 16 Mbps speed. You can speedtest.net online to check your internet speed status.
Your networking equipment may be causing an unstable Internet connection. Switch off the mobile and unplug the modem and router from the power board. Then it is necessary to wait for some duration and plug the router back into the power board. Wait until the light turns back on and then turn on the mobile device and now the Android device can be reconnected to the Internet.
Disconnect all equipment connected to the modem. Doing so may allow the device to use the maximum Internet bandwidth. The nearer the device is to the router, the stronger the Wi-Fi signal. Dual-band routers can connect to the 5 GHz band instead of the 2.4 GHz band.
Log Out of Devices Connected to Hulu Account:
One of the reasons why the Hulu app is locked is because the maximum number of devices has already been reached. Only two devices can be logged into a Hulu account and you will need to pay extra if you want to add additional devices.
To log out of devices-
- First of all, you need to visit the Hulu website using a web browser.
- Then you have to log in to the account using your credentials.
- Now you can choose another account by selecting the user icon.
- Then in your account, open the Manage Devices option and select the Remove button next to each device.
Suggested Read: Hulu Not Working on Roku | How to Fix It Quickly
Clear Hulu App Cache:
The Hulu app has cached data so it is likely that the crashing is causing the problem. To solve this problem one has to clear the cached data stored by the app.
To Remove the cache of the Hulu app-
- First, press the Home button on the device’s remote.
- Then go to Settings.
- Select the Applications section.
- Now you control to go to the system apps and click on the Hulu app.
- Finally, to confirm, select the Clean Cache icon and press the OK button.
Reinstall Hulu App:
The Hulu app may crash due to a bug. To solve this problem, the right option is to uninstall Hulu and then reinstall Hulu.
Restore Hulu on Android devices-
- First, you need to go to the app drawer and locate Hulu.
- Keep holding the Application key until the Options screen appears.
- Then select the option of uninstall.
- Lastly, you will need to go to the Google Play Store and then reinstall Hulu.
To Restore Hulu on iOS Device-
- First, open the Home screen on the device.
- Then you have to click on the Hulu app.
- Keep holding the Application key until the Options screen appears.
- Then click on the option of uninstall.
- Finally, you need to go to the App Store and then reinstall Hulu.
Suggested Read: Hulu App Not Working on Samsung TV | FINALLY FIXED!
Hulu Crashes on Samsung Smart TV:
You can easily solve this problem when Hulu is crashing on Samsung TV. You can also cold boot Samsung TV.
- Press and hold the Power button on the Samsung TV remote, you will now see the Samsung logo.
- After the TV starts up, you need to check whether the Hulu app is working or not.
Hulu Crashes on Fire TV:
If Hulu is crashing on Fire Stick, you can easily fix it by updating or resetting Fire TV.
Update Fire TV Software-
- First, go to Settings.
- in which a list of options will appear, Now you have to click on My Fire TV.
- After that, go to the drop-down menu and choose the About icon.
- Click Check for Updates from the drop-down menu and confirm to download and install any available updates.
Restart Fire TV Stick-
- Press and hold the Select and Play/Pause buttons on the TV remote simultaneously for a few seconds.
- After the restart process is done you need to go to the Hulu app and check if Hulu is still crashing.
Suggested Read: How to Fix Hulu Black Screen Issue? | Easy Methods
Most Commonly Asked Questions:
Why Does the Hulu App Keep Crashing?
Temporary files and data can help overall performance by making Hulu crash-prone. Mostly malicious files are always responsible for Hulu crashes. If you are suffering from frequent Hulu crashing problems, you are recommended to clear your data and cache.
Why Does Hulu Keep Crashing on Firestick?
Whenever junk files are being processed your Firestick may crash. Clearing data and cache helps you get rid of unnecessary information and data on the device.
To do this you have to take the following steps.
- First, you go to settings. Then you go into the application.
- Now you have to go to Manage installed apps.
- Here you go to Hulu. There you will find Clear cache and Clear data options.
Why Is Hulu Malfunctioning?
First, log out of the Hulu app on all the devices you are using and now delete the Hulu app. Now download again from App Store or Google Play Store and log in. Check your internet speed on whatever device you are using. At least 6 MBPS speed is required to watch Hulu while you need at least 10 MBPS speed to watch Hulu live TV.
Why Does Hulu Keep Restarting?
If you are watching any show on Hulu and it keeps restarting from the beginning, check if you are using an up-to-date Hulu app. If not then you can update it.
How Do I Clear My Hulu Cache?
On some Android models, you can clear Hulu’s cache and data. From the Home screen, go to Settings>Apps>Hulu>Storage>Clear cache and select Clear data.
Like this post? You May Also Enjoy Reading:
Suggested Read –
- YouTube Search Not Working?
- Panasonic TV Red Light Blinking
- How to Reset Philips TV Without Remote?
- Is Insignia a Good Brand? | An Honest Review
- How to Setup Samsung TV to WIFI Without Remote?
Hulu is a streaming app used for entertainment. But you may often face the problem of the Hulu app crashing. There are many reasons why Hulu keeps crashing including poor internet connection speed, bugs in the app, or issues with the Hulu servers.
To fix the Hulu crashing issue and you face multiple issues while using the Hulu app, we have detailed several troubleshooting steps in the article above that will help you out.