If Optimum Internet shuts down daily. You may not find Optimal’s TV or phone services suitable for a home or office setup. Then you can cancel Optimum service, which only takes a moment.
The method may not be easy, and you may have questions about the cancellation procedure, ETFs (early termination fees), dealing with the retention department, and what to do after cancellation. But before you disconnect any Optimum assistance, you should understand what to do.
Before disconnecting the Optimum service, you should consider pausing the service temporarily, continuing to use the service at the new location, updating the current plan, and transferring account ownership.
Suggested Read: What is Honhaipr Devices: A Complete Guide
- How To Cancel Optimum Services?
- Cancel Optimum Internet, Television, or Phone Services
- What Happens If I Cancel Optimum?
- Frequently Asked Questions
How To Cancel Optimum Services?
Cancel Optimum Internet, Television, or Phone Services
Please contact customer help at 855-276-5255. Please notify us which service you would want to stop using. The boss will request information about your bank account. Tell us everything we need to know and wait for us to say if it’s okay.
They might forward your call to the department that focuses on keeping customers, and they will try to persuade you to continue using their services. They might also give you lower prices, newer equipment, and other benefits. Just remember to keep to what you say and make sure to ask for the reference number when you cancel.
P.S.- It is also received on registered email. If you are canceling your internet because it is slow, does not cover a wide area, or has security issues, you can buy your own Optimum-compatible modem. It will make the transfer of data packets quicker.
Suggested Read: Solved: Verizon Router White Light Blinking (2023)
Optimum Cancellation Cost
Optimum does not require you to sign a contract for a whole year, which means they do not charge any fees if you decide to end your service earlier. You can discontinue operating the service whenever you want and you won’t have to pay any extra fees. Regardless, you keep spending the entire payment of money for your current bill period.
Also, your internet and TV plans come with a guarantee that you can get your money back within 60 days if you are not satisfied. So, if you are a new customer, you can even get your money back.
Change Service Plan
You can switch to a different service instead of canceling the Optimum service. The company that gives you internet lets you make your internet plan better or worse, add more TV channels, or get more data for your phone.
To alter internet or TV service through a call
- First, Contact Optimum Support at 888-276-5255.
- They have to be told to update/downgrade the plan.
- Then the account details have to be verified.
- Will now ask for confirmation.
To change internet or television service online
- It is necessary to sign in to the Optimum account first.
- Then go to the account click on the current plan and tap on update.
- Check the available list and select the preferred option.
- Confirm by following the instructions.
To change the phone service plan
- First, Contact Optimum Support at 888-276-5255.
- Inform support customer care to update/downgrade phone plans.
- Ownership has to be verified by providing account details.
- Will now get confirmation by email.
To change phone service plan through the app
- Install and launch the MyMobile app.
- Now click on the “My Queues” section.
- Then choose the row that requires to be changed.
- Now tap on “My Plan”.
- Select your preferred new monthly data icon and tap on the “Update Data” choice.
- Review the program points and tap “Confirm” to make changes.
Once it is verified, you will get a message showing your new monthly data plan, any immediate fees, the revised monthly charges, and the date when your plan starts.
Suggested Read: Solved: Xfinity Modem/Router Blinking Green
What Happens If I Cancel Optimum?
Cancel Optimum HBO Max
If you have HBO Max with your Optimum plan, you have to equalize the HBO Max service on its own. This happens because the service will still be active even if you cancel it, and you will have to pay for it.
To Cancel HBO Max–
- Call Optimum customer support and ask them to cancel the HBO Max plan.
- You can even log in to your account by visiting HBOMax.com.
- Then tap on Profile in Settings.
- Now go to Subscriptions and tap on Manage Subscriptions.
- Here an option to cancel your subscription will appear, select it.
Return Rented Equipment
You have to give back all the equipment you rented from Optimum when you cancel your service. You have one month to give back the equipment after you cancel. If you don’t give back the equipment on time, you will have to pay for it, and it can be as much as $100 for one device.
To return rental tools:
- Disconnect all rental tools, including electrical cords and remotes, and place them in a box.
- Click here now and get your brand by filling in the needed details.
- Then print the brand name and attach it to the box.
- You can fall it off at any FedEx office, authorized FedEx location, or even at a provincial Optimum store.
- Then it is necessary to take the receipt.
Pay The Absolute Bill
You will receive the last bill according to the regular billing schedule. Optimum does not give partial refunds, so you will have to pay the full monthly fee even if you cancel in the middle of the month.
You have different options to pay your last bill, such as online, over the phone, in person, or through the app. Please ensure that you pay on time, or else you will have to pay an extra $10 as a fee on your next bill. Make sure to look for any extra fees or charges on your bill.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Cancel the Optimum Service Online?
To cancel any plan you have to contact the customer care of the company and you have to say I want to cancel the account. Does Optimum charge an early termination fee? Because Optimum doesn’t require a contract, they also don’t charge early termination fees.
Is It Hard to Cancel Optimum?
In simple language, it is not that difficult. But I would like to say one thing you need to attach all the necessary information for the account. Just call 866-347-4784 and follow the next steps to start the process.
Is There a Cancellation Fee for Optimum Internet?
Optimum does not require any contract for home internet service. As such, there are no early termination fees. However, customers may be required to pay the balance for a full billing cycle.
How Long Does It Take for Optimum to Disconnect Service?
If you have already made up your mind to cancel this service, then as per our advice you will benefit only if you do this service in the last days of the month. Because even if you cancel the service in the middle of the month, you will have to pay the full charge for the current month. For more details, please visit optimum.net/terms. For current residential non-promo rates, visit optimum.net/pricing.
How Much Notice Do I Need to Cancel Optimum?
You may cancel the Service(s) for the period up to the last day of the billing period preceding the service period you wish to cancel and the cancellation will be effective at the end of the then-current billing period.
Like this post? Could you share it with your friends?
Suggested Read –
- YouTube Search Not Working?
- Panasonic TV Red Light Blinking
- How to Reset Philips TV Without Remote?
- Is Insignia a Good Brand? | An Honest Review
- How to Setup Samsung TV to WIFI Without Remote?
If Optimum Internet shuts down daily. You may not find Optimal’s TV or phone services suitable for a home or office setup. Then you can cancel Optimum service, which only takes a moment. From this article, you must have a clear idea of how you can cancel the subscribed Optimum services. We have given all the information in detail in this post, which will assist you to know.